SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2016

From:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:42:42 +0200
Hi,

I just tried to install a new Scientific 7 virtual host on my server using virtlib remote and installing using html remote installation method.

Everything went fine, the necessary files were loaded from the mirror server, kernel booted, dracut started, but aborted because it didn’t receive a dhcp offer (according to log). There is no dhcp available in that environment (Hetzner root server in Germany). With previous installation I remember the installation started nevertheless and I could configure a static IP configuration as part of the installation process. Unfortunately, I didn’t found any opportunity to define a static IP prior to the installation process aborting.

How can I install ScientificLinux?

Or is there another RedHat alike which lets me configure a static IP (CentOS doesn’t either, by the way).

Thanks
Peter

—
Dr. Peter Boy
Universität Bremen
Mary-Sommerville-Str. 5
28359 Bremen
Germany

www.zes.uni-bremen.de

Are you looking for a web content management system for scientific research organizations?
Have a look at http://www.scientificcms.org