SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2016

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2016 16:09:45 -0500
On 08/01/2016 03:03 PM, Mark Stodola wrote:
> On 08/01/2016 02:03 PM, Mark Stodola wrote:
>> I think this one is for Pat, as his name seems to be all over the source
>> and RPM for the anaconda-addon-org_scientificlinux_contexts addon in SL7
>> (SL-7-DVD-x86_64.iso).
>>
>> I'm running into frequent crashes depending on the state of the network
>> interface while installing from a kickstart.  Attached are anaconda log
>> and traceback for the most recent one I just ran into.
>>
>> There are 2 NICs in the computer, both set to DHCP.  The primary is
>> connected to a local LAN without internet access.  As you can see, no
>> matter what, it tries to hit the SL ftp site and tends to fall on its
>> face.  Other times, it appears to timeout just fine and continue with
>> installation.  Different behavior can happen whether or not I have the
>> network cable connected, I think...
>>
>> I don't see a way to completely disable the context addon, or at least
>> prevent it from trying to talk to the outside world.  Is this a bug or
>> am I missing something?  The documentation doesn't list a way to disable
>> or null out the default location.
>> I do have an empty addon stanza in the kickstart in an attempt to have
>> it jump over this portion, but it still seems to load.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to avoid re-rolling the
>> stage2 with the addon removed, seems like a pain and would add one more
>> thing to adjust at each point release.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>

> Digging into the source, I found the undocumented defaulturl option.
> Setting this to '' didn't help.  The first few messages in anaconda.log
> state it is being set to '', but later it is being overridden back to
> the standard URL.
>
> -Mark

One last email for the day, as I think I am chasing my own tail.  After
reading through the anaconda documentation for the umpteenth time, it
appears as though if I leave out the %addon from the kickstart that it
won't even load.  It's late in the day so will have to resume this mess
of mine tomorrow.

Sorry for all of the noise.

-Mark