SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2016

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:24:43 -0500
On 08/05/2016 02:07 AM, Yura Beznos wrote:
> Yeah, thank you, it is very nice!
>
> But what about sl(7.2) extras ? Why it is so old?
> Every other rh based distro got newer packages with docker/kubernetes!
>
> Is it possible to update them(in sl extras)? Can I help with that?

As others have said, don't expect the latest packages here, there are
other distributions for maintaining bleeding-edge versions.

That said, I do see several "newer" versions in sl-extras, so I don't
see why it would be a big stretch to yank in the latest version,
assuming it doesn't break anything else.

Of course, EPEL is also a valid option that was mentioned by others.

This would be something that Connie, Pat, or whoever maintains sl-extras
would be able to give a more intelligent answer on I think.

-Mark