SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2016

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2016 01:11:03 +0200
On 21/07/16 15:19, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to SL and this list, so I am not sure wether this is the right
> place to ask:
>
> I just wanted to set up ldap-authentication with kerberos and pam_mount
> of some cifs-Shares. Authentication works fine. But for the mount part,
> I cannot find a pam_mount package, which bugs me a bit.
>
> Searching the net I found that for older versions of RH/CO-Versions a
> pam_mount package existed.
>
> Can someone tell me, why there is none and what alternatives are there?

Have a look at authconfig and sssd.  The former should help configure
all these things for you, including proper PAM setup as well as LDAP and
Kerberos.  For SSSD it is in particular helpful on laptops, where
authentication data can be cached locally to be capable of offline
authentication as well as caching enough information to automatically
fetch a Kerberos ticket once the network access has been established.
And SSSD do have some support for handling the autofs/automount stuff too.

Otherwise, do have a look at the FreeIPA stuff too.  There's a lot of
good things in that package, which also doesn't require much resources
on the server side.  For clients, it gets even easier.  You just need to
install the proper IPA packages and run ipa-server-install or
ipa-client-install, that's mostly all you need.  FreeIPA also makes use
of SSSD and authconfig under the hood.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth