SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2016

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2016 13:14:56 -0700
On 07/19/2016 04:23 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 2:35 AM, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> You might get some better understanding from the RHEL guide:
>>>
>>> <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Virtualization_Deployment_and_Administration_Guide/chap-Network_configuration.html>
>>>
>>> An perhaps this upstream libvirt guide:
>>> <http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirtualNetworking>
>>>

>> Awesome references.  Thank you!
> If you need to deal with pair bonding, or multiple VLAN's on the
> virtual host, you might also look at my now ancient notes from when I
> worked for Tufts on an open source project.
>
> * https://wikis.uit.tufts.edu/confluence/display/TUSKpub/Configure+Pair+Bonding,+VLANs,+and+Bridges+for+KVM+Hypervisor

Hi Niko,

Awesome!

And, I am going to that customer today and needed just that reference.
The other references I have, I have to overlap them as they only
cover part of the subject.

I had pretty much figured out I had to set up a bridge.

Thank you!

-T

You know for some reason, the author of that paper seems
really familiar.  Could it be?    Naaaa.

  :-)

--
Computers are like air conditioners.