SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2016

From:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven J. Yellin
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2016 13:43:08 -0700
     I also didn't do a fresh install for 6.6 to 6.7; it happened
automatically overnight via yum-autoupdate.  I then had to downgrade the
glibc rpms to revive some of our software that uses matlab.  It may be
fortunate that autoupdates to 6.8 have been blocked by "Metadata file does
not match checksum" in mirrors.  I've just changed "enabled=1" to
"enabled=0" in /etc/yum.repos.d/sl6x.repo to allow continued upgrades of
6.7 rpms without moving to 6.8.

Steven Yellin