SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2016

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2016 20:34:19 +0100
Now that SL 6.8 has been released, many packages in the sl6x-related
repos are shown as upgradeable, but the release announcement still
includes the warning that:

There should be no expectation that a "yum" upgrade to SL 6.8 will work.
A new install is the recommended method to move from "sl6rolling" and
the released SL 6.8.

Does this still apply?  When I first saw it I assumed that it referred
specifically to the RCs, but it's still there, post-release.  I'm pretty
sure I didn't do a fresh install for 6.6 > 6.7

Thanks,

John Pilkington