SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
"James M. Pulver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M. Pulver
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2016 07:54:18 -0400
How does everyone feel about the SerNet Samba.plus offering? Anyone used it?
https://www.sernet.de/en/sernet/

https://samba.plus/samba/

I'm thinking that could be a reasonable way to get newer Samba (With
Domain Controller capabilities) as well as support the Samba effort
(they claim to employ 5 of the core Samba developers)...

The basic subscription cost isn't bad, though I have no idea about the
cost for their level 3 support which is most interesting (source code
fixes coordinated with Red Hat)...

James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group
Cornell University