SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:14:10 -0700
2016-06-30 01:21, David Sommerseth wrote:
> On 29/06/16 17:21, jdow wrote:
>> Nonsense.
>>
>> Haven't met a distro yet that has SELinux correctly setup from the
>> gitgo. It still doesn't completely like samba on my 6.6 install, for
>> example. I had to make some "fake" changes to get something else rather
>> pedestrian to work. (It's in the archives some time back with projected
>> fix pushed all the way out to 6.7.)
>
> Have you filed any bugzillas for these issues?
>
> I'm really curious what you do which causes this.  I've been running
> both Samba and NFS without issues - well, yes, I sometimes had to flip a
> SELinux boolean or two, or perhaps adding a new file path so files got
> labelled correctly as the paths were not standard paths.  But that's
> usually a 3 minute fix.  This is even on SL6.x.
>

> --
> kind regards,
>
> David Sommerseth

Long ago. That's where the projected fix release version came from. There are
still two hits on my system. But it's 6.6 at the moment. They may be gone by
now. But I have infinite faith that something else will replace it as an SEL
bug. Nature, after all, abhors a vacuum. (Consider me a very experienced
amateur. My first Unix was actually the SVR4 built on Commodore Amigas. Next was
a Slackware on a PC. That quickly became something like RedHat 5 (90's kind) not
the RHEL stuff of today. The machine in question is SL6.6. SL is a more peaceful
and pleasant group than I find with Fedora or (ick) Ubuntu. I just don't post
much these days.)

{^_-}