SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:56:34 +1000
Hey guys
It's an interesting discussion

> > Refusing to to use, accept and learn SELinux will serve you no good in
> > the long run.
>
> See above. Security is a trade-off between trouble saved by having
> security, and caused by the security itself.

Today, We had the local council workers digging up our road and blocking us in, claiming it was because a sink-hole had developed and had to be fixed for safety reasons.
So they scraped off the top surface, and relaid tarmac over it. Sink hole neatly hidden.

Security box ticked, inconvenience box ticked, safety - we wait and see.....

BTW Today is the last day of our financial year and the the remaining road works fund had to be spent. If you've watched "Yes, Minister" you will know what that means.
Anyway, I digress.

Some of my servers are now SELinux enforcing, others await testing.

Cheers
Bill