SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
James Cloos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Cloos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 13:18:36 -0400

KT> I did try it exactly as you described below with -T html option.  When I
KT> opened the html file with the browser, the table was missing.

KT> I see what you mean by an "infinite page length".  Maybe the html output
KT> is done with post-processing and groff internally still imposes a page
KT> length.

if you run:

   :; find /usr/share/groff -type f -print0 | xargs -0 egrep '^\.pl'

you'll see the lines in the tmac files which specify the page lenghts.

html-end.tmac sets page lenght to 99999 inches.

So another option is to make a longer page lenght macro.

This would set the page lenght to 22 inches:
(I based this on groff's a4.tmac file.)

.\" CUT HERE
.pl 22i
.do if !r LL .nr LL \n[.l]u
.
.\" CUT HERE

If you store that in, say, tt.tmac, then an additional -mtt after the -man
option should load it an update the page lenght.

Then, if you are creating postscript, post process the ps with something
like the psutils package (scientific linux probably has a psutils and a
psutils-perl package) to chop the pages shorter.

If 22 in is not enough, 33 or 44 ought to be.

Or just add the .pl and .do lines to the man page source.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <[log in to unmask]>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6