SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2016 02:12:42 -0400
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>  On SL6   we were using  the tar file from Apache to get a newer version.
>
> On SL7 trying to use the packaged version, many things are different, files
> and working directories are in different places.

Yup. this came up for me today in connection with the File System
Hiearchy, published at
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/fhs, and
which RHEL and thus SL 7 try to follow. And welcome to welcome
"systemd", and the "file system hierarchy", which the tarball
distribution basically ignored in favor of modularity as a tarball.

They're basically following the standards used by RHEL in their daemon
deployment, and using Java keystores for SSL and daemontools to run
privileged pot 443 operations with the necessary hacks and privileges
to run privileged operations on port 80 or 443 as necessary. I'd
review the spec form the SRPM, and the systemd configurations for more
detail, especially for the relevant SELinux configurations.