SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:22:16 -0700
Greetings,

  On SL6   we were using  the tar file from Apache to get a newer version.

On SL7 trying to use the packaged version, many things are different,
files and working directories are in different places.

I'm starting to understand by looking at the configuration files, where
the package put things in other reverse engineering techniques. I think
it is well thought out and make sense.  I would like to avoid installing
the tar file and setting up my own init/unit scripts but that is
certainly possible if this doesn't work.

  What I haven't been able to find is any documentation on let's: the
decisions the packagers made on how they should work. The docs for
Centos are different.

  Is anyone seen documentation like this?

  Best,

  Joe