SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:26:57 -0500
Hello All,

After updating to the latest version of firefox, 45.2, I have multiple
reports that it simply won't open. Generally it will open a blank window
and then just lock up, sometimes it won't open at all.

Currently safe mode does not help, but creating a new profile will allow
it to run. After closing with the new profile it will lock up again and
the whole process needs to be repeated. This doesn't seem to be an issue
with firefox necessarily - but that it somehow is breaking profiles
which doesn't allow the program to run.

I haven't been able to find any other bugs online, so thought I would
try my luck here.

Best,
Jesse

Jesse Bren - [log in to unmask] - (612) 626-1139
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota