SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:12:04 -0400
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:16 PM, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I should have said GPT partition with HFS+ format.

Thanks for the confirmation. I meant to ask earlier, but forgot,
whether you were assuming that the disk was gpt because it came from a
Apple because, when you format a disk on OS X, you have three possible
schemes, gpt, msdos, and apple partitipn map, as well as different
hfsplus and fat options.

> I don't have an Apple either. Apple does not allow you to
> use a virtual machine of OSx, unless the base system is
> Apple hardware (not going to happen).

There must be a Mac somewhere otherwise you wouldn't be using a Mac disk.

> I am seeing a lot more Apple computers out there since
> the advent of Frankenstein and Sons (Windows 8 and Nein,
> oops, 10). I personally find OSx to be excruciatingly weird,
> but I need to eat, so I will work on anything folks are willing
> to pay for. (I make a lot of money off M$'s endless quality,
> security, and reliability issues.)

All the people whom I know who've switched to OS X have done so after
using an iPhone and/or an iPad.