SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:56:22 -0400
On 06/13/2016 06:15 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> I was looking for something that would allow for large file
> transfer between MAC and Linux.  Apple is too busy poking
> M$ in the eye and and complete on who can be the most
> proprietary to support write on NTFS

With the journal disabled on the HFS+ filesystem, the ELrepo
kmod-hfsplus works fine, but you should test it in your environment.  It
is by far the easiest solution if it works for you.

The Paragon HFS+ that supports the journal works fine for the first 31
or so GB of a transfer, as long as you don't try to parallelize
transfers, on EL 7.  On EL 6 the Paragon HFS+ driver is reliable for
multiple terabytes of transfer (I've transferred the contents of a
couple of 3TB HFS+ volumes to Linux, and have transferred a couple of TB
back, on EL 6, using the Paragon HFS+).