SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:42:13 -0700
I am looking for EL & RPMs of specific LaTeX utilities compatible with
the TeX/LaTeX base/packages installed from the SL7 install DVD:

XeLaTeX

Biber

Texindy

Makeglossaries

Asymptote

I have found these as installable images for other distros, including
some Fedora.  If these packages are available by some other mechanism
such that the SL7 Latex system can download, compile, insert, etc., any
of these, advice and instructions would be most appreciated.

As a fast LaTeX GUI front end, I use Texstudio that has a X86-64 CentOS
7 RPM available at the Texstudio Sourceforge site and that installs and
runs fine under SL 7.  The only WYSIWYG I have found is BaKoMaTeX that
is licensed for fee (with actual pricing in Euros).  Is there any
licensed-for-free LaTeX WYSIWYG (not LyX that produces LaTeX but
internally is not LaTeX)?  Thus far, I have not found such a WYSIWYG.

Yasha Karant