SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2016

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:29:26 -0400
On 06/11/2016 03:12 PM, Joseph Areeda wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
>  • I can give this a try for you I'm a little confused. Pretty sure
> the partition tables are fine but I don't think you can use the Apple
> file system, Mac OS X extended.
>
>  The  FAT or EX FAT file system are compatible, I use them often.

The nutshell version of the solution I separately e-mailed to Todd
directly (I keep forgetting that the SL lists are 'reply-all'
lists......) is to enable ELrepo and 'yum install kmod-hfsplus' if you
want read-only journaled HFS+ or read/write HFS+ (no journal). If your
HFS+ filesystem has a journal, you need the Paragon HFS/NTFS bundle to
get read/write, but it has some issues with large transfers on EL7
(works flawlessly on EL6).