SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2016

From:
Carl Friedberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Friedberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2016 18:20:57 +0000
Ian and Bluejay,

I agree. I am not an expert and have never used Cisco VPN nor

AnyConnect on SL. But, Cisco has completely dropped support

for the VPN client, at least on Mac and Windows OS. I would

use AnyConnect. AnyConnect, I believe, is SSL based, so it

has a much easier time when you need to connect through

a network twisty maze. Just my 2 cents.

I've had really good luck with AnyConnect, at least on Windows

and Mac OSX, FWIW. On those OS platforms, the client will

install easily (browsing to a secure website for the AnyConnect

server, Cisco ASA); and the ASA can automagically issue updates

to the client when the admin decides that would be a good idea.

Again, I can't address the SL aspect of this, but AnyConnect is

the way of the future for the VPN client in a Cisco ASA environment.

HTH,

Carl Friedberg