SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2016

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 20:47:21 -0700
<[log in to unmask]> on behalf of

On 05/10/2016 08:10 PM, Steven C Timm wrote:
> You can start any KVM VM at boot time by use of the libvirt-guests service, by putting a link to the xml
> file for the vm in /etc/libvirt/qemu/auto

Hi Steve,

Is that the same thing as the check-e-do box in the virt manager
of the vm under boot options?

> You can choose to shut down rather than suspend the VM at shutdown by changing the settings of libvirt-quests.

quests or guests?  Was that a typo?  (Typos???  I never make typos.
What ?!?!?   Okay, okay, maybe 2 or 3 hundred every so often.)

Not finding how to alter libvirt-guests.

Also, I sent the "shutdown" command from the console and
the vm ignored me.  Does this mean I should stay with "suspend"?

Many thanks,
-T