SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2016

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 12:03:27 -0500
Hi Pat (and list),

I sincerely hope the folks on this list are savvy enough NOT to click
on the links in the recent emails with: "You have a new message, please read
<some link>".

This smacks of the recent uptick in ransomware emails inundating the world.
At the U of I, I believe the Security folks have tweaked the spam filters
for all incoming campus email to catch these (or most of them, as I have
not seen any come thru to my campus Exchange inbox).

I would think since this listserv is hosted at FermiLab, that their
security folks would be even more Draconian in their filtering methods?

Thanks,
- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | IT Administrator
457 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group