SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:54:41 -0400
On 04/15/2016 11:48 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> as well as a well documented, and solved problem with the buildsystem
> which EPEL uses (I was perhaps too eliptical yesterday), and thus my
> dis-interest in re-inventing or re-documenting this wheel ** yet again
> ** -- Russ herrold

Thanks for working on this, Russ.  While reinventing the wheel is
frowned upon most of the time, there are settings where reinventing
wheels should be encouraged, particularly the educational setting.
Sometimes it is worthwhile to do some calculations by hand or by slide
rule, then go back to the calculators and spreadsheets; the act of
reinventing enhances the understanding of why things are done the way
that they are done.  You better appreciate koji if you build your own
mini-beehive.

For most of us, though, it's just a time sink.  Yasha is in a different
environment than most of us.