SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:33:48 -0400
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, Yasha Karant wrote:

> > so, thus, my earlier mention of poking EPEL

As the day has passed, I 'poked' the EPEL package database

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/abiword/

and as the link Pat noted earlier in the day says, this starts
a countdown clock to slide the package into eligibility for
EPEL 7

> Although EPEL "should", being like CentOS these days a
> more-or-less "wholly owned subsidiary" of Red Hat, but the
> time it is done we may be at RHEL 8.

only if one does not poke ;)

> You indicated that you are willing to release the SRPMs that
> have already been ported (both for source code and
> dependencies) to SL 7 and that upon using a command syntax
> like:

... snip snip

package building has many paths for solution -- At this state
of the art, the one EPEL uses with 'mock' and 'koji' and
signing and bugzilla and more is mature and worth using, in
deference to local solutions

I have a local solution in a 'scratch build' environment,
yielding: abiword-3.0.1-2.el7.centos.src.rpm.  It 'runs' at
least to the extent of showing the Help | About dialog [1].  I
have it rebuilding 'for external record' and in about an hour
MY version of the SRPM will be up at my FTP site.  I know it
pulls out some Pythonic API and 'gir' parts.  As I don't use
them, I don't care about ripping them out

According to 'RawHide', Fedora and so EPEL should be at:

$ srcfind abiword | grep -i rawhide
/var/ftp/pub/nfs/mirror/redhat/rawhide2016/a/abiword-3.0.1-4.fc23.src.rpm

with some minor changes in the Changelog after the point I
forked from:

* Sat May 02 2015 Kalev Lember <[log in to unmask]> -
1:3.0.1-4
- Rebuilt for GCC 5 C++11 ABI change

* Thu Mar 26 2015 Richard Hughes <[log in to unmask]> -
1:3.0.1-3
- Add an AppData file for the software center

* Tue Jan 27 2015 Petr Machata <[log in to unmask]> -
1:3.0.1-2
- Rebuild for boost 1.57.0

* Wed Dec 24 2014 Peter Robinson
<[log in to unmask]> 1:3.0.1-1