SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2016 11:22:57 -0500
Are you trying to share FROM Linux to Mac, or from Mac to Linux?

A few weeks back, I wanted to share from my Mac to Linux, and had all sorts of difficulty.  This is from El Capitan to the latest SL7 version.

I could browse the Mac from the browser on the desktop, but I could not mount it from the command line or fstab.

I ended up figuring out how to share NFS from my Mac, and it was available on Linux.

I suspect that, for sharing from Linux, Samba would probably be your best choice.