SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:48:16 -0400
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On 04/14/2016 03:49 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> > Lamar -- could you please pull and build SRPMs out of the 'local' path, and
> > confirm that no gremlins have crept in, via a cross-check on your
> > buildsystem? I don't use 'mock' for scratch solves Thanks -- Russ

> scratch builds on C7 yet, although I need to do so.

we all need more round tuits  ;)

as you were the original desiring 'consumer' of abiword, I had
asked you.  Events have moved a bit in that I have been now
added as a co-administrator of abiword at EPEL 7, and so
anticipate moving it through that buildsystem over the next
week

> Yasha, this is a classic automaton problem, and should be
> solved accordingly. The state machine needs inputs of
> dependencies, and the build order for the dependencies will
> become clear.  It is also a *solved* problem, in the form of
> the 'smock' perl script, which you can find at

> https://github.com/richm/scripts/blob/master/smock.pl

as well as a well documented, and solved problem with the
buildsystem which EPEL uses (I was perhaps too eliptical
yesterday), and thus my dis-interest in re-inventing or
re-documenting this wheel ** yet again **

-- Russ herrold