SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:33:15 -0700
On 04/14/2016 12:49 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, R P Herrold wrote:
>
>> I have a local solution in a 'scratch build' environment,
>> yielding: abiword-3.0.1-2.el7.centos.src.rpm.  It 'runs' at
>> soon, soon
> and now done
>
> The content is now at:
> 	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/local/ORC/abiword/
> and will move to:
> 	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/abiword/
>
> Lamar -- could you please pull and build SRPMs out of the
> 'local' path, and confirm that no gremlins have crept in, via
> a cross-check on your buildsystem?  I don't use 'mock' for
> scratch solves
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Russ
Thank you very much for providing the above URLs.

 From the above reference web site, I am guessing that only orc7
(owlriver 7) extension
files are needed for SL 7, in which case here is the list of what I have
downloaded:

abiword-3.0.1-2.orc7.src.rpm
abiword.spec
aiksaurus-1.2.1-33.orc7.src.rpm
aiksaurus.spec
asio-1.4.8-3.orc7.src.rpm
asio.spec
gtkmathview-0.8.0-19.orc7.src.rpm
gtkmathview.spec
librevenge-0.0.2-6.orc7.src.rpm
librevenge.spec
link-grammar-5.0.8-6.orc7.src.rpm
link-grammar.spec
loudmouth-1.4.3-17.orc7.src.rpm
loudmouth.spec
ots-0.5.0-11.orc7.src.rpm
ots.spec
wv-1.2.9-12.orc7.src.rpm
wv.spec

Are there other files that are needed other than those provided in the
"standard" EL7 public repos?  (I believe that
the Red Hat subscriber repos are not readily available to the
non-paying, only CentOS repos under the Red Hat "umbrella".)

By the way, as a university (not a business), are we allowed to
redistribute binary RPMS made from the above .src.rpm files with the
usual acknowledgement (thanking you and your firm, but no guarantee that
anything works and no guarantee that the binaries will not
"destroy" any system upon which these are installed)?  If we do build
from your .src.rpm s and things work, why should others have re-invent
the wheel
and/or redo the labor?

Yasha Karant