SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:41:18 -0700
On 04/14/2016 08:28 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016, R P Herrold wrote:
>
>> I'll poke at it today
> and with an older abiword-3.0.1-1 spec I have been working
> with, I get a complete build save for:
>
> abiword-3.0.1/plugins/openxml/imp/xp/OXML_LangToScriptConverter.gperf
>
> and
> abiword-3.0.1-1.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/lib64/girepository-1.0/Abi-3.0.typelib
>
> ... the RPM build turn cycle is slow as there are so many
> moving parts, but looking good
>
> I don't and haven't 'publish' binaries for a long time now,
> and have a day's delay between 'inside' local content, and
> formal mirrored content ... looking, it appears I've been
> doing this package for over a decade (it is also my preferred
> 'Word' format file editing tool, and I have large corpus of
> content in such form).  Gnumeric is the other I rely on, to
> avoid the LibreOffice trap
>
> but SRPMs end up with a day's delay at:
> 	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/abiword/
>
> -- Russ herrold
Although you evidently are not a "repo", are you willing to allow others
access to the
built RPMs (not SRPMs) needed for an executable install of abiword? The
RPMs I have are all 2.x,
nothing in 3.x .  Are there any "conflicts" between what is needed by a
more recent abiword
and the standard install (from SL/CentOS, EPEL, ElRepo repos)?  That is,
package M conflicts with whatever
during the binary install?

I could attempt to put personnel (grad students, undergrads) on the
build, but I really do have higher priority work for
these persons.   I myself do not have the spare time right now to
contribute much to the  porting effort of a standard
"office enduser" package.

Yasha Karant