SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 01:27:58 -0400
On 04/11/2016 07:02 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
> Is there any EL7 rpm or other successful build of a recent stable
> release of abiword?  If so, what is URL to download the build
> including whatever other rpms are required (or a large
> static image that does not require any .so components that are not
> part of the standard SL 7 repo)?
>
> Yasha Karant

Several of abiword's buildrequires are not in the various EL7 repos.
There aren't very many of them; in attempting to rebuild the FC22
Abiword and attempting to install the buildreqs I get:
No package aiksaurus-devel available.
No package aiksaurus-gtk-devel available.
No package gtkmathview-devel available.
No package link-grammar-devel available.
No package loudmouth-devel available.
No package ots-devel available.
No package wv-devel available.

Not sure how difficult that will be to get those packages (and the
packages the -devel packages depend upon) built.  I have a client who is
waiting on a CentOS 7-compatible Abiword to migrate to CentOS 7 from
CentOS 6, and Abiword is a blocker.