SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
"S. Tindall" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S. Tindall
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2016 00:55:55 -0400
On 04/08/2016 09:16 PM, Bill Maidment wrote:
> Hi Guys
> I installed (yum groupinstall mate-desktop) on SL 7.2 and I can select MATE using the icon next to the "Sign In" button on the password entry screen.
> It seems to remember what your last selection was, too.
> Cheers
> Bill

Thanks Bill!

You are absolutely correct. Switched back to GDM and the MATE selection
was exactly where you said it would be.

Before, I looked everywhere for a desktop selection at login, but never
thought to look again after selecting my username. I don't recall having
to select MATE from a login list after installing under 7.1.

Steve