SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Dave Howorth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Howorth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:01:00 +0100
On 2016-04-05 16:40, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 5 April 2016 at 15:57, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I know from past experience that ElRepo persons do read and reply to this
>> list.  Does any EPEL person?  If not, does anyone know how to contact the
>> EPEL maintainers?
>>
>> There is an issue with the EPEL MATE install method.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>
> Let me correct your above two blunders:
>
> (1) The ELRepo Project is not EPEL.
> (2) I, my fellow founders and administrators of the ELRepo Project do
> read this mailing list and do respond, when appropriate.

I don't understand why you accuse Yasha of two blunders?

His original post makes it clear that he understands the difference
between ElRepo and EPEL, so why do you think that is a blunder?

He says that ElRepo DO read the list, which you then confirm, so why is
that a blunder?

I think you owe him an apology, unless I have seriously misunderstood
something.