SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2016 17:38:19 -0500
I am having same problem with 3 of my SL5.x systems.  One is 5.1 and two are 5.4.
All my other SL 5.x are 5.5 and have had no problems, nor have I seen this
problem with any of my SL6.x systems.

The problem seems to be with sl-security repo.
If I do a 'yum update --disablerepo=sl-security' on the 5.1 and 5.4 systems
I do NOT get the:

Error: file is encrypted or is not a database

This just started happening with the early morning auto yum update on 4/22/16.

- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | IT Administrator
457 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group