SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2016 08:12:51 -0700
A MATE applet vi EPEL crashed.  An automatic bug reporting tool
activated without my intervention (prompted for my sudo login).  I went
through all of the screens that appeared;it
seemed to want to submit the issue to RedHat, not EPEL nor SL/CentOS.  I
answered all of the prompts, and in the end, the automatic tool failed
with a diagnostic:

No processing for event 'report_RHTSupport' is defined

How does one configure this or is this an artifact from the original
RHEL source that was not modified (unlike the various logos, splash
screens, etc.) and somehow still is configured for a RedHat licensed
(for fee?) support product?  Can this be configured to point to either
the add-on reposiity (e.g., EPEL, ELRepo, etc.) or to either SL or
CentOS?  If there are any on this list from CERN or in a CERN supported
collaboration, I know that CERN has an internal support mechanism that
is *NOT* made available to SL users (even when Fermilab and CERN were
jointly mentioned on SL); as a matter of information, does the CERN
"CentOS" team have an internal CERN configuration whereby these reports
go to a CERN network location (obviously not available to those of us
not part of a CERN collaboration)?

Yasha Karant