SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2016

From:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2016 08:23:52 +0000

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, Franchisseur Robert wrote:
>       Hello,
>
>       I  had  the  same  issue and I put the following  line  in  my
>       ~/.bash_logout
>
>       \rm $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/XXXXXXXXX.default/pluginreg.dat
>
>       so  I  got  the  good version of  flash-plugin  without  doing
>       nothing more.

Keith, Franchisseur is right.
I especially like the idea of fixing pluginreg.dat in .bash_logout

The important thing when updating flash is to remove the old flash version
number from pluginreg.dat in *each* firefox profile.

I am, however, uneasy about simply removing the file completely, as
that removes all the user's plugin customizations; so if they have
disabled any plugins they mayl be reenabled.
I haven't checked for a while, but it was once possible for users
to have their own plugin folder; removing pluginreg.dat would
unconfigure those plugins too.

--
Andrew C Aitchison				Cambridge, UK