SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2016

From:
Thomas Leavitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Leavitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:20:26 +0000
Hmm... looks like chronyd was installed by default under SL7 (learn something new every day) rather than ntpd; systems seemed to still be synced and accurate to the second.  I swapped that out for ntpd. We'll see if that makes any difference, though I doubt it. The times seemed accurate to the second when I last looked at them. Looking at the web page for chrony, it sounds like it is at least a functional equivalent of ntp under Linux, if not superior in some respects.

http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/faq.html

No transparent proxies either, as per the network admins. Some web filtering done via Checkpoint firewalls, but that's it.

Thomas