SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2016

From:
Antonio Querubin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antonio Querubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2016 23:36:30 -1000
On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, John Pilkington wrote:

> But doesn't SL7 use chrony?

We're talking servers (ie. always on systems) right? - where supposedly
ntpd is the better choice.  I would think the mirrors are running ntpd
instead of chronyd.

But this discussion got me to rechecking again why ntpd wasn't starting up
on some of my own servers and it turns out chronyd was still enabled on
those.  Perhaps the repo servers have the same issue?

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
xmpp:  [log in to unmask]