SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2016

From:
David Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 09:54:25 -0500
On 3/17/16 9:47 AM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> This is one of the unfortunate downsides to a bug for bug compatibility....
>
> Without an upstream fix, SL is very unlikely to apply patches.  Once it
> is fixed upstream, it should show up in SL fairly quickly.
>
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/faq/faq-community/#bug-patch

Right, I get that, and I understand why. I'm not one of the fortunate
few who have access to the forbidden pleasures of this particular RedHat
bugzilla entry, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any
information as to when that fix was scheduled to hit the upstream
kernel(s) (and thus, sci as well).

Thanks,

David

--
David Thompson
Waisman Center Brain Imaging and Behavior Lab