SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2016 00:06:48 +0100
On 10/01/16 23:29, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 01/10/2016 09:12 AM, James Rogers wrote:
>> The usual question: is anyone actually using P6 for anything productive?
>>
>> --W
>
> Isn't it a little early for that question considering it
> was just released?

So the benefit of seeing Perl6 in EL distributions "now" is?

Yeah, I know, it can be seen as the "chicken and egg" problem.  But that's
where EPEL may be the a middle ground, to prove it is needed.

However, not everything in Fedora ends up in RHEL either.  So don't have too
high expectations just yet.  There are no reasons RH will spend much time and
energy on this before Perl6 gets a critical user mass using Perl6 software RH
customers want to use.

Just my 2 cents

--
kind regards,