SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:20:33 +0100
On 27/01/16 17:58, Yasha Karant wrote:
> My laptop has an external "hardware" expansion insert slot, and I might be
> able to find such a 802.11 NIC.

USB wireless interfaces should also work, using USB redirection.  But it
depends on your performance needs on the wireless network.  I've done that a
few times with USB Ethernet devices when playing around on odd projects.

The external "hardware" expansion may or may not work, depending on if is
possible to use a PCI Pass-through mode on that interface or not.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth