SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Michael Duvall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:25:05 -0500
I have used both VMM and VirtualBox.  Yes, you are correct both KVM/QEMU
(VMM is the GUI) and Virtual Box run on a true host OS and both boot
other guest OSs.  For example, the host OS could be SL7 running a SL6
guest and some other guest such as Windows.  I have run as many as seven
guests concurrently on my laptop; performance was marginal.  The more
RAM the better.

Good Luck,
--
Michael Duvall