SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Benjamin Lefoul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Lefoul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:33:44 +0100
Hi all,

I am actually interested in the automated install topic (currently taking place in the other discussion, but I don't want to feed the troll so I'll start a new one).

Someone just mentioned Cobbler, and the fact that it's RH's baby. Is this in any way linked to the recent acquisition of Ansible ?
In fact, I never really understood what Ansible was, and does it have its place in automated install? Can it replace Kickstart?

As you can see I am pretty naive about the topic...

Thanks,

Benjamin