SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:42:43 -0800
For the immediate future, we plan to continue with SL 7.  When EL 8
emerges, we may need to re-evaluate the situation.  That being stated,
for non-CERN groups (that is, groups neither employed by CERN nor in one
of the collider collaborations), is there a CERN equivalent to this SL list?
What "services" does [log in to unmask] provide?  I understand that
for CERN groups, the service presumably is close to what RH provides to
contract for-fee customers, with the proviso that the CS persons with
CERN groups know what they are doing.  What is available to non-CERN
groups/persons?  If this is information that is not relevant to the
entire SL list, a private email would be appreciated.