SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:19:13 +1100
On 2016-01-14 07:45, jdow wrote:
> There is at least one other sub group around here who value generally
> quiet sober support when they have a problem. Ubuntu and many other
> distros are quality distros, and perhaps better support what some
> people want. But the Ubuntu and Fedora mailing lists and support are
> unbelievably noisy and getting help often (usually?)requires
> rhinoceros hide and extreme persistence. This very mailing list which
> is getting defiled by this pointless discussion is what I value about
> SL. This list is mercifully seldom sullied by trolls. And the SL
> distro itself is competent and has what I need, a few smart people
> supporting me on the mailing list and reasonably timely updates. So,
> every time I even think of moving I slap myself across the face and go
> do something important.
>
> {^_^}   Joanne

^^ this. I seldom post to the -users list - as most of my stuff is more
related to the -devel list.

That being said, I'm glad I don't get 200 emails a day through this
list, and would be happy to see the off topic drivel stop so we can go
back to focussing on actual problems - not constructed problems about a
false understanding of lack of choice.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]