SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:18:58 +0100
Lejeczek, Iosif etc,
I really dunno, what you guys wanna hear?

you come and say you switch/switched to centos - and you ask for what?
for blessing? :D well ... i bless you :D

Now, joking aside, Fermilab said clearly they go with SL7x and they do.
And while you will have supp for sl/rhel 6x roughly to 2020, that makes
sl/rhel 7x to roughly 2025? this is enough for me

without detail, why i prefer sl is
-small friendly community, incl. friendly devs
-updates
-i feel more independent to rh as far as possible, considering it is
rhel clone

Again, what you trying to say? That we have here at list some ppl (me?)
stuck on SL and saw no other distros? haha :D i go with linux since 1997..

--
*Karel Lang*
*Unix/Linux Administration*