SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:45:40 -0800
There is at least one other sub group around here who value generally quiet
sober support when they have a problem. Ubuntu and many other distros are
quality distros, and perhaps better support what some people want. But the
Ubuntu and Fedora mailing lists and support are unbelievably noisy and getting
help often (usually?)requires rhinoceros hide and extreme persistence. This very
mailing list which is getting defiled by this pointless discussion is what I
value about SL. This list is mercifully seldom sullied by trolls. And the SL
distro itself is competent and has what I need, a few smart people supporting me
on the mailing list and reasonably timely updates. So, every time I even think
of moving I slap myself across the face and go do something important.

{^_^}   Joanne