SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:54:03 -0600

> The kickstart disk partitioning tool is even dumber than they new GUI tool,
> only useful for "one-size-fits-all" cases where you also do not mind accidentally
> deleting the contents of all disks. (yes, open the machine, disconnect disks,
> install, reconnect disks, close the machine, thanks, but no thanks).

I've started using the disk-by-id option in my kickstarts to target
specific disks in disk/fs related directives.  A tip I got from Nico who
suggested I use the %pre section to configure the disks exactly the way
I want to.  Works really well.  My %pre even contains commands to reset
the LVM on re-installs.

Many thanks, Nico!

Ken