SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
lejeczek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:43:04 +0000
I think we see two groups of people here, taking part in
this "exciting" debate.

One is, people who genuinely try to learn a bit about more
concrete plans Fermilab have(or don't have) for the future
of Scientificlinux - and they do it here on the list because
they can sroogle all over the Net and they won't find any
solid, ideally rendered by the very source itself statement.

The second group is people who don't give a toss, a good
chance is it's because they have not seen much beside
Scientificlinux and they really believe it's very unique
indeed. You can see scientist type of mentality here -- I
have got my one little or big app, it runs great! and I'm
happy with it and I can say I do it all on by myself cause I
do not have to deal with any commercial third entities
(which is very important for a scientist) -- very simplistic
and egotistic attitude, but works. And a good chance is this
bunch don't have to even ask about bigger picture. Some
individuals from this group can even be rude and hostile
towards others, even if only asked about sharing a thought
or two on the issue.

Well, like esteemed fellows already said - we're free to do
as we wish, fortunately, only unfortunate is that we cannot
always make fully informed decisions. I guess that's
science, that's life. Heh. :)
b.w.