SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Jarek Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jarek Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:24:52 +0100
On 01/12/2016 04:09 PM, Tim Kanuka wrote:
> We have just started our migration to SL7x. We did make the call on whether to go with Centos or not for 7x. For me, the slightly greater ease of staying with SL for the migration; the minimalist elegance of the the SL website and support structure; and no experience at all with Centos outweighed any perceived benefits of switching.
>
> Interestingly, CERN has rolled their own Centos anyway.

Not really:

- we added an additional repository to the installer
   (for site-specific tools)
- we changed repository definitions to point to
   our servers (and not centos mirrorlist)
- and we push updates in 'bunches' to these repos
   once per week (except for critical security ones)

other than the above it is just CentOS ..

Best Regards

Jarek
__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/CM/LCS _