SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2016

From:
Tim Kanuka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Kanuka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:09:28 +0000
We have just started our migration to SL7x. We did make the call on whether to go with Centos or not for 7x. For me, the slightly greater ease of staying with SL for the migration; the minimalist elegance of the the SL website and support structure; and no experience at all with Centos outweighed any perceived benefits of switching.

Interestingly, CERN has rolled their own Centos anyway.

Thank you, SL people.

Tim Kanuka
Canadian Light Source