SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2015

From:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2015 13:18:32 +1100
Hi Pat

I have successfully installed 7.2 alpha as a KVM guest on a SL6.7 host.
Also the yum update worked OK.
Just one point. There is a /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo file generated. Should this be suppressed?

I also tried  to install 7.2 alpha on a host machine from USB, but it failed to boot with kernel panic.
This is the same machine that failed to boot on SL7.1 with the new kernel.
(Motherboard M4A87TD/USB3 with CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955)
Is there a way to add boot parameters to the USB boot process?
I need to add the initcall_blacklist=clocksource_done_booting parameter.

Cheers, and have a Happy Christmas, Hanukkah, Xmas or whatever you celebrate at this time.
Bill