SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2015

From:
Chris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 21:56:09 +0000
Hi,

I've been running SL6.4 for the last few years with no issues.  The
computer is left on all the time as it is providing weather data to a
server.

Last weekend it was shutdown normally and on powering on again it
fails to complete the boot sequence.  It displays the splash screen
with Scientific Linux and the 'circle', the circle fills in and then
disappears followed by nothing else happening.

I booted the computer using a live CD (Puppy) and can mount the root
LV but not home.  Looking at /var/messages shows the boot log for the
previous successful boot in September and the successful shutdown.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chris